The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Michigan Humanities is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Michigan Humanities takes the following measures to ensure accessibility:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Meetings with Michigan Humanities’ IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility) Action Council
- Include accessibility as one of our organization’s core value
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Michigan Humanities. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on our website:
- Phone: 517-372-7770
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Address: 2364 Woodlake Dr, Suite 100, Okemos, MI 48864
We try to respond to feedback within 3-5 business days.
Recite Me Web Accessibility and Language Toolbar
Recite Me is innovative cloud-based software that lets visitors view and use our website in a way that works best for them.
We’ve added the Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar to our website to make it accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible. It helps the one in four people in the US who have a disability, including those with common conditions like sight loss and dyslexia, access our website in the way that suits them best. It also meets the needs of one in five people in the US who speak a language other than English at home, by translating our web content into over 100 different languages.
How do I access the Recite Me toolbar?
You can open the Recite Me language and accessibility toolbar by clicking on the rectangular white button with images of a speaker, different sized letter A’s, and international flags located in the top right corner of the page.
After you click on the button the Recite Me toolbar opens and displays a range of different options for customizing the way the website looks and ways you can interact with the content.
How does Recite Me help me access this website?
Recite Me helps people access our website and customize the content in a way that works best for them.
The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions. You can use it to:
- Read website text aloud (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Change font sizes and colors
- Customize background-color
- Translate text into more than 100 different languages
- Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
You can find out more about how Recite Me works from the Recite Me user guide.
Where can I find support for Recite Me?
If you have any questions about Recite Me, you can contact us by email at email@example.com or call us at +1 571 946 4068.