Programs and Events Coordinator
Annual salary range
$40,000-$50,000/year with potential for advancement
Okemos, Michigan (hybrid-3 days in office (M,T,TH) preferred, but negotiable)
22 days of PTO (increases with tenure)
All Federal holidays paid
Medical/Dental/Vision insurance (or cash in lieu benefit)
10% match of salary 401k contribution after one-year
- Manage online event calendar
- Establish relationships with grant recipients, award winners, and other partners to populate online event calendar.
- Work closely with the Michigan Humanities team to identify requirements and expectations for each event.
- Help prepare event budgets and process invoices.
- Research and book event venues.
- Organize suppliers, caterers, and other vendors.
- Coordinate all logistical elements of the events.
- Manage set-up, tear-down, and clean-up operations.
- Anticipate/identify and a make appropriate accommodation for event attendees including diverse disabilities and prepare against potential risks.
- Develop post-event reports on impact and effectiveness of events.
Skills that we feel will make you successful in this role
Experience in project or event management with a track record of impactful events.
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Strong communication and interpersonal communication skills.
Creative, out-of-the-box thinking with a willingness to try new approaches and methods.
Great time management skills and attention to detail.
Experience with WordPress websites a plus.
Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Canva a plus.
How to Apply
Drop us an email and let us know why you would be great for this position. We will ask for a resume later. First, we want to learn more about YOU. We recognize sometimes it is hard to know how to introduce yourself and speak to why you would be a great fit for a position or an organization. Here are a couple of ways to get the ball rolling:
Take this fun quiz!
Answer a few of these questions!
What excites you most about event planning?
Why do you want to plan events for Michigan Humanities?
Would you tell us about a really cool event you were involved with?
Send us a video!
Interested in the position but don’t meet all the qualifications?
That’s okay! We still encourage you to apply. We are willing to train certain aspects of the job role for the right candidate.
Michigan Humanities is dedicated to an inclusive, diverse, accessible, and equitable work culture. Our work represents Michiganders across all regions, ages, ethnic and racial groups, economic experiences, gender identities and sexual orientation, and our team and board strive to reflect the communities we serve. Michigan Humanities does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, local law, or in any other way. Michigan Humanities encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups and communities.