WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
Nomination Submissions Deadline
Extended to August 1, 2020.
Honoring Humanities Work throughout Michigan
On September 16, 2020, Michigan Humanities will honor and celebrate outstanding contributions to the humanities in our state. Michigan Humanities will recognize individuals and organizations who have advanced the humanities in Michigan through leadership, education and advocacy. What better way to honor and recognize the important work being done in our state?
Nominations will be accepted through August 1 at 6:00 pm. Do you know worthy nominees? Please share them with us. Self-nominations and repeat submissions are also encouraged.
Michigan Humanities Awards
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
Table Sponsorships and Individual Tickets are available for purchase.
Please contact Carol Taggart for more information.
Three awards will be presented to honor and celebrate individuals, organizations and corporations that have made an outstanding contribution to the civic and cultural vitality of the State of Michigan.
All nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Actively promotes understanding and appreciation of the humanities in the community through their work, volunteerism or leadership at cultural, civic, education or other organizations.
- Exemplary outreach and/or advocacy supporting the humanities and access to the humanities.
- Significant contribution to the community/state by promoting civil discourse and/or community engagement.
Nomination Submissions Deadline Extended to August 1, 2020.
Checklist and Guidelines
A complete nomination packet includes:
- Why are you submitting this nomination, in less than 1,000 words
- Online nomination form with two documents of support
- The form includes the nominee’s name, current contact information, biography information and brief narrative why this nomination is warranted. All current contact information for the nominator must be included.
- Two (2) documents of support are required for each nomination. These documents can include a resume, letter of support or a media link. Please email any questions concerning documents of support. Preferred format is PDF files.
- Anyone can submit a nomination.
- Self-nominators will be accepted.
- Nominees work must be within the state of Michigan.
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Past nominators are encouraged to re-submit nominee applications.
- All nominations packets must be completed online through the Michigan Humanities website.
- No paper nomination packages will be accepted.
- Deadline is August 1, 2020 at 6:00 pm.
- Please direct questions to Carol Taggart at firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
Outstanding Humanities Supporter – Corporate or Individual
Recognizes corporations or individuals that have made a lasting contribution to the cultural life of their communities or our state through their active support of and involvement in promoting public humanities.
Humanities Champion of the Year – Individual
The person whose contributions result in outstanding public humanities impact in their community and in our state. An example would be humanities person (teacher, scholar, librarian, cultural leader) who has creatively and successfully brought humanities to the public forum.
Community Impact Partner of the Year
Universities, schools, libraries, community centers and organizations who have brought to life a book, humanities project, discussion or other humanities programs in an innovative or creative way, serving their community and our state. They have championed the value of public humanities and made a lasting contribution to the cultural life of Michigan.