Please know that Michigan Humanities (MH) is working to continue to serve the state of Michigan and to accept, review, and process grant applications and awards.
Whether working at our headquarters in Okemos or remotely, MH staff will be available to answer questions and provide assistance to applicants and partners. Current grantees can continue to access and submit materials as usual.
An update on Michigan Humanities events:
- Great Michigan Read author events in March and April have been cancelled and any rescheduled dates will be shared as details are available.
- Michigan Humanities Awards have been rescheduled to Wednesday, September 16, 2020
- Humanities Grant deadline has been extended to March 26, 2020.
- PrimeTime Family Reading Times are postponed.
- Poetry Out Loud is bringing elements of the State Finals competition online for Michigan students and teachers.
- If you are a current grantee that has had to cancel or postpone your event, please contact your program officer.
We are continuing the important work of sharing what makes us human: reading, history, arts and culture, and better understanding of one another.
Shelly Hendrick Kasprzycki
President & CEO, Michigan Humanities