Humanities Grants emphasize collaboration among cultural, educational, and community-based organizations and institutions in order to serve Michigan’s people with public humanities programming. These grants play a vital role in defining our culture, our state, our community, and ourselves. They are intended to connect us to Michigan’s rich cultural heritage and historical resources through initiatives that help the people of our state reason together and learn from one another.
Fall 2022 Grants
(Awards made in November 2022)
- May 2022-August 2022: Draft project proposals accepted and feedback provided
- Thursday, September 1, 2022: Final grant application deadline
- November: Award Notification
Spring 2023 Grants
(Awards made in June 2023)
- October 2022-March 2023: Draft project proposals accepted and feedback provided
- Thursday, March 23, 2023: Final grant application deadline
- June: Award Notification
Maximum Humanities Grant Request: $20,000
Funding is based on available resources. Awards may be less than the total amount requested.
Submit a Draft Proposal
Draft proposals are an optional tool for organizations seeking a grant to help hone final applications and to ensure projects comply with Humanities Grant guidelines. Draft proposals will be reviewed by the Director of Grants, and feedback will be provided in a timely manner. Click here to submit a draft proposal.
If you have questions or would like to discuss a potential project, please contact James Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.